As Managing Director and Co-Founder, Ben leads the Smash Delta team and works alongside client leadership to imagine, plan, test and execute meaningful and lasting change. Ben is passionate about demystifying analytics and artificial intelligence to empower senior decision-makers and their teams to tackle the questions and opportunities that matter.
Ben has spent the past several years working alongside major government and enterprise organisations to drive strategy and change in the context of analytics and artificial intelligence. This has included major data innovation programs in public transport, telecommunications and banking, alongside the development of end-to-end data strategies, open data initiatives and better privacy practices. Examples include:
- Commercialisation of data assets for a top Australian bank
- Organisation-wide data strategy in on demand media for an Australian broadcaster
- Sports performance data innovation for a major Rugby League team
- Movement analytics in Tourism and Public Transport with a leading Australian Telco
- Transport analytics strategy and prototyping for state transit department
- Motor vehicle analytics and product development strategy for a leading insurance organisation
Ben’s broad experience throughout Asia-Pacific and the Americas in commercial strategy across a range of industry verticals underscores his commitment to tackling technological change from a commercial lens. Notable experience includes:
- Data management and communications strategy for leading listed Agribusiness
- Import economics strategy for top APAC building materials company
- Customer perception strategy for major APAC beverages company
- Regional rail strategy for state transit authority
- Category expansion strategy for leading Australasian retailer
- Capital investment strategy for global mining and materials company
- Inorganic growth strategy for major American steel corporation
The combination of his commercial and technical experience has driven his passion for bringing these disciplines together to solve meaningful problems and create opportunities in a new way.
Ben previously led Data & Analytics at L.E.K. Consulting in Australia, and has held previous roles with a range of investment banks and financial services organisations. Ben holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Auckland.